Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Adventure in the Baltic Mission April 1 - April 11


We had a wonderful time with President and Sister Dance, Baltic Mission president and wife, for the week and a half that we were there. These first pictures are from our 5 hour road trip in Lithuania to see Matt and go to zone conference the next day.

We stopped and had the APs take a picture of us and President and Sister Dance in front of this old castle.


We had to stop and get a 'stat dog'. It's a hot dog that they push down into a tube bun. I guess it's a 'must have' when you're in Lithuania. It was suprisingly pretty good.


The APs stopped along the side of the road so I could pet the horse.




The countryside of Lithuania.



An old church in this country town.


Old Town in Kaunas, Lithuania. It was really quiet and pretty.


Us and Matt, Elder Neilson, in Old Town Kaunas, Lithuania. It was so good to see him. What a handsome young man he is. (I'm not prejudice)


Us and Matt at zone conference. Tuesday, April 5, 2011.



We took a group picture of Matt's district at zone conference. They are all exceptional missionaries.


Jaci told me to take pictures of what Matt eats (a true mom). So here is lunch at zone conference. Yummy chinese food in Lithuania. He was a good sport to apease his mother.




Matt's dinner at the resturant in Old Town Kaunas. He said it was good but don't ask me what it was.


Us, Matt, Dances, Elder Falk (Matt's companion) and one of the APs at a very good Lithuania resturant.


President Dance being silly outside the resturant. He told me to destroy this picture but......oops, somehow it ended up on our blog. :)



Then we went back to Riga, Latvia.


To the left of me is a cute little resturant we ate at with the Dances in Old Town Riga, Latvia. Behind me is the Palace of the president of Latvia. I think they call it the White House. How original.



This is an old church in Old Town Riga, Latvia.



Then we drove with President and Sister Dance to Tallinn, Estonia.


At church Sunday I met Marina Saarik. She was the first member of the church in Estonia 20 years ago. She has a group picture from back then with herself, dennis, and others in it.



Dennis and I gave a district fireside Saturday night, at this same church building, on Church History. The members are excited to keep journals and share their conversion stories. They appreciated the fireside.



Old Town in Tallinn, Estonia. Wait....is that a McDonalds in the left hand corner of the picture? I don't think that was there in the 1500s. But, you never know!


Here we are at the Baltic Sea in Estonia. It is still frozen in April. To the right, you can see a big pile of ice built up on the shore from the waves. Brrrrrrrrr.



What a wonderful trip it was. We were extremely busy training people on the Church History program, giving a fireside, speaking at the zone conferences, and Dennis gave patriachal blessings. But we found time to enjoy that beautiful part of the world in the Baltic States.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so jealous you got to see Matt, good thing he is coming home soon so I can give him a hug too!

Kristin said...

Thank you for posting pictures!! You are the cutest missionary couple ever. :)

Jaci said...

Love your pics - for some reason I especially like the ones with Elder Nielson in them - weird!!